- Fair Maintainable Trade* (FMT) – £182k per annum
- Rent – £22k per annum
- Located in the town centre, adjacent to the Minster
- Easy-to-operate 1 bar operation
- Known to be a ‘haunted’ traditional pub
Wimborne is a busy market town in east Dorset with a affluent and growing population of 15,000 residents. It is estimated that 1000+ new homes will be built in the local area over the coming years. The town is most famous for its Saxon Minster which attracts many visitors to Wimborne each year. This historic market town also features a well preserved Cornmarket and square, the hub of the Town. The Oddfellows resides on Church Street, in close proximity to both the Minister and the Cornmarket, therefore it is ideally located to serve passing trade. The town has a lively sense of community; several town events culminate in June including Wimborne Folk Festival which attracts thousands of tourists into the area over a long weekend.
Situated on Church Street, in the historic market town of Wimborne Minster, the Oddfellows Arms is a traditional town pub packed with character. Its notable setting, nestled amongst crooked Georgian houses, a Gothic Minster and a medieval market square, makes it the perfect place to relax and enjoy an award-winning Badger Beer.
Thought to predate the 19th Century, this quirky pub boasts a rustic ambience. Although small in size, it’s widely known for its friendly, welcoming hospitality that attracts visitors and locals alike. The pub has an attractive façade resplendent with planting and a several tables and chairs to add to its charm. Inside, the pub is compact with an eclectic mix of tables and chairs with wooden floors and a busy mix of clocks, pictures and items to grab your attention. The bar is central, both customer toilets and the cellar are easily accessible.
The pub will suit operators who can provide excellent hospitality to both traditional pub goers, as well as tourists and weekend locals. The operator will need to have an understanding of how to maximise trade over varying trading periods.
The domestic accommodation consists of 2 double bedrooms, a kitchen, bathroom and a large lounge.
The Oddfellows Arms trades as a wet-led business with increased turnover on Friday and Saturday nights due to the circuit of local pubs. On a day-to-day basis, trade consists of local pub goers and visitors to the Wimborne area. During peak trading periods, such as Wimborne Folk Festival, footfall increases substantially.
* Fair Maintainable Trade (FMT) is the level of turnover and profit that we believe that the business is capable of delivering if being operated competently. The FMT is usually calculated by the Business Development Partner for the pub, who will produce a shadow profit and loss account for the business which supports the rent. A copy of the shadow profit and loss account will be provided during the recruitment process. Please see our Code of Practice for more information on FMT and rent. The Fair Maintainable Trade is not a guarantee of levels of trade or profit that will be made from the business – we strongly recommend you seek appropriate independent legal and business advice as part of your Business Plan.
† The Full Investment Breakdown for each public house is higher than the minimum investment we will accept because potential Business Partners with the minimum investment available can still be accepted as we are able to offer them financial support for the rest of the monies. The working capital incorporates the purchase of stock, glassware, loose catering effects and valuer fees – please note the number quoted on this website are based on estimates. The exact costs will be determined on the day you take on the public house by independent valuers and stock takers. Please see our Code of Practice for more information about investment.