- Rent – £49,000 per annum
- Fair Maintainable Trade (FMT)* – £360,000 per annum
- Estimated Split: 40% wet/ 60% dry
- Located in the idyllic Dorset village and civil parish Sturminster Marshall
- Domestic accommodation available
Sturminster Marshall is a village and civil parish in East Dorset, situated on the River Stour between Blandford Forum and Poole. The parish had a population of c.2000 residents and the village is twinned with the French commune Sainte-Mère-Église. The village comprises a large playing field with a children’s playground, a memorial hall and a school hall used as a popular meeting-space. There are many walks around the village including the Stour Valley Way, which follows the Stour right from the source to the sea. The village also has a cricket club and a football club with a senior side and several junior teams.
Sturminster Marshall is situated near Winterborne Zelston, Henbury and the popular National Trust site Kingston Lacy. Kingston Lacy features a grand country house which was once home to the flamboyant Bankes family, one of the most powerful families of Dorset. The house now features one of the finest private collections of paintings in Britain with works by Rubens Van Dyck, Tintoretto, Titian and Brueghel. Surrounding the house, you will find an abundance of must-see attractions including a seven acre Japanese Garden, Nursery Woods and Kitchen Garden brimming with seasonal fruit and vegetables which are sold in the Produce Shop. The estate at Kingston Lacy also comprises 8,500 acres of un-spoilt land including Holt Heath National Nature Reserve and Iron Age hillfort Badbury Rings.
The internal décor is traditional and welcoming; the bar takes pride of place with a dining area surrounding it offering ample covers. The pub also features a cosy wood burning fireplace and an additional restaurant area boasting an extra 30 covers. The Red Lion also features a secluded garden area which is tucked away behind the pub.
The ideal candidate/s will be looking to operate a strong, food-led community pub, therefore catering experience is necessary.
There are no letting rooms at this property.
This property offers domestic accommodation including 3 bedrooms, a lounge and bathroom.
The pub benefits from a strong and loyal trade having built up a good reputation in the local community. Trade increases during peak visiting periods at local attractions such as Kingston Lacy.
* Fair Maintainable Trade (FMT) is the level of turnover and profit that we believe that the business is capable of delivering if being operated competently. The FMT is usually calculated by the Business Development Partner for the pub, who will produce a shadow profit and loss account for the business which supports the rent. A copy of the shadow profit and loss account will be provided during the recruitment process. Please see our Code of Practice for more information on FMT and rent. The Fair Maintainable Trade is not a guarantee of levels of trade or profit that will be made from the business – we strongly recommend you seek appropriate independent legal and business advice as part of your Business Plan.
† The Full Investment Breakdown for each public house is higher than the minimum investment we will accept because potential Business Partners with the minimum investment available can still be accepted as we are able to offer them financial support for the rest of the monies. The working capital incorporates the purchase of stock, glassware, loose catering effects and valuer fees – please note the number quoted on this website are based on estimates. The exact costs will be determined on the day you take on the public house by independent valuers and stock takers. Please see our Code of Practice for more information about investment.