- Fair Maintainable Trade (FMT) turnover – £220,000 (net) per annum
- Projected rent – £20,000 per annum
- Great courtyard garden which increases food sales in the summer months
- Easy to operate bar servery
- A great first pub for new entries into the trade
The Stour Inn is situated in the tiny village of Blandford St Mary connected by a bridge over the river Stour to the Georgian market town of Blandford Forum. Blandford Forum is the home of the Hall & Woodhouse Brewery and is approximately 30 minutes drive from the South Coast and the resorts of Poole and Bournemouth. The site benefits from a busy nearby campsite, a large private school opposite, close proximity to the brewery and a recently completed sizeable housing development in Blandford St Mary.
The Stour is a traditional English pub with plenty of character. It is a one bar L-shaped layout with extended seating area behind. The decor is an eclectic mix of wood and traditional floor finishes complete with two working fire-places. This area leads to the ‘hidden jewel’ of the pub being the beautifully landscaped garden which is on various levels and stretches some 30 metres to the back boundary of the property.
This is a very attractive and popular area in the summer and significantly increases the pubs seating capacity when in use. This is a good opportunity to take on a business that has been built up to an extremely high standard over the years with a loyal following.
There are no letting rooms at this property.
Private accommodation is divided over two floors. On the first floor is the main lounge, two bedrooms and a separate bathroom and on the second floor is a third bedroom and office. The private accommodation is of a good standard throughout.
Trade is made up of a strong regular drinking trade that requires a visible figure front of house. The food trade can be developed further and the business would benefit from a niche food offer that could provide a USP for the business. Trade has historically come from the school opposite, the brewery, Blandford St Mary locals and the nearby campsite
* Fair Maintainable Trade (FMT) is the level of turnover and profit that we believe that the business is capable of delivering if being operated competently. The FMT is usually calculated by the Business Development Partner for the pub, who will produce a shadow profit and loss account for the business which supports the rent. A copy of the shadow profit and loss account will be provided during the recruitment process. Please see our Code of Practice for more information on FMT and rent. The Fair Maintainable Trade is not a guarantee of levels of trade or profit that will be made from the business – we strongly recommend you seek appropriate independent legal and business advice as part of your Business Plan.
† The Full Investment Breakdown for each public house is higher than the minimum investment we will accept because potential Business Partners with the minimum investment available can still be accepted as we are able to offer them financial support for the rest of the monies. The working capital incorporates the purchase of stock, glassware, loose catering effects and valuer fees – please note the number quoted on this website are based on estimates. The exact costs will be determined on the day you take on the public house by independent valuers and stock takers. Please see our Code of Practice for more information about investment.