- Fair Maintainable Trade* (FMT) – £650k per annum
- Rent – £60k per annum
- A beautifully restored stone farmhouse
- Unique retail park location
- Strong food reputation
- Easy access from the M5
- Separate first floor function room
The Hankridge sits in the middle of the thriving Hankridge Retail Park. Immediately around the pub are the national retail giants of Sainsbury’s, Halfords, PC World, Costa, Range and many others. At the other end of the Park is a multi-plex cinema, 10 pin bowling, B&Q, Macdonalds, and a Travelodge. Across the road from the retail park is a business park containing many professional offices, a Premier Inn and a Harvester restaurant. All of this is sited just off of Junction 25 of the M5 and less than 10 minutes drive from the centre of Taunton.
The Hankridge has been lovingly restored from a dilapidated old farmhouse. The customer area divides into two parts, the bar area with a large original fireplace and seating for 30-40 guests and the restaurant area which contains many historic features and can sit 40-50.
There is a premium fully equipped catering kitchen and a large cellar all on the ground floor. Upstairs is a separately accessed function room and spacious private accommodation.
There are no letting rooms with this business.
The business is well known in the area having gained a great reputation for food so the ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate an ability to work with a premium site and a desire to capitalize and expand on an already busy offer.
This business is as busy lunchtimes as in the evening due to its retail park location and currently food is not available all day which may be an opportunity going forward. There is very little local drinking trade as 95% of all visitors are looking for a food offer and wine is a significant part of the wet trade
* Fair Maintainable Trade (FMT) is the level of turnover and profit that we believe that the business is capable of delivering if being operated competently. The FMT is usually calculated by the Business Development Partner for the pub, who will produce a shadow profit and loss account for the business which supports the rent. A copy of the shadow profit and loss account will be provided during the recruitment process. Please see our Code of Practice for more information on FMT and rent. The Fair Maintainable Trade is not a guarantee of levels of trade or profit that will be made from the business – we strongly recommend you seek appropriate independent legal and business advice as part of your Business Plan.
† The Full Investment Breakdown for each public house is higher than the minimum investment we will accept because potential Business Partners with the minimum investment available can still be accepted as we are able to offer them financial support for the rest of the monies. The working capital incorporates the purchase of stock, glassware, loose catering effects and valuer fees – please note the number quoted on this website are based on estimates. The exact costs will be determined on the day you take on the public house by independent valuers and stock takers. Please see our Code of Practice for more information about investment.