- Fair Maintainable Trade* (FMT) Net Turnover – £358k per annum
- Rent: £36,600 per annum
- Initial Investment: £25,000
- Wet/Dry split: 65%/35%
- Traditional inglenook fireplace
- Front garden and large rear garden
- Boules and petanque pitches
Kirdford is an idyllic village and civil parish in the Chichester District of West Sussex, near the town of Petworth, located 6.5 miles southwest of the village. Brimming with history and character, Kirdford is home to a Grade I listed 12th century stone-built church of St John The Baptist. The village centre has a recreation ground with a small pavilion, football pitch, tennis court and a stoolball area. Other amenities include a village shop and hall. Kirdford is on several walking routes and footpaths through the South Downs National Park, as well as on routes for cycling and horse riding.
This quaint traditional village pub offers a varied and delicious menu with the opportunity to have BBQs in the summer and regular theme nights. The pub features a stone base pizza oven, and the pizza menu has proved very popular with guests. The Foresters is well known for its home cooked food and friendly atmosphere. The pub is a focal part of the village community and has a characterful interior, with wooden beams, stone and brick floors and a beautiful inglenook fireplace.
The relaxed village bar at the front of the pub has 20 covers, with a further 40 covers in the more formal restaurant area to the rear, which also serves as an excellent function room. The pub boasts a spacious, well-equipped kitchen, and the large but easily maintained rear garden has formerly won the coveted Hall & Woodhouse ‘Garden of the Year’ Award. Additional highlights are a petanque pitch, which is used at least 3 times a week and is one of the few pitches in the south, and a well-kept boules pitch perfect for leisurely (or competitive) games on a sunny afternoon.
The Foresters Arms offers private accommodation comprising a large lounge with a partitioned office, 2 double bedrooms, bathroom, and a small living room/office/storeroom. The property also offers a separate flat with kitchen/living room, 2 bedrooms, bathroom, and a private entrance with staircase.
Traditionally, the Foresters Arms has had a strong community presence and a well respected food offering. Hall & Woodhouse are looking to recruit an entrepeneurial new Business Partner to build on this and take the pub to the next level.
* Fair Maintainable Trade (FMT) is the level of turnover and profit that we believe that the business is capable of delivering if being operated competently. The FMT is usually calculated by the Business Development Partner for the pub, who will produce a shadow profit and loss account for the business which supports the rent. A copy of the shadow profit and loss account will be provided during the recruitment process. Please see our Code of Practice for more information on FMT and rent. The Fair Maintainable Trade is not a guarantee of levels of trade or profit that will be made from the business – we strongly recommend you seek appropriate independent legal and business advice as part of your Business Plan.
† The Full Investment Breakdown for each public house is higher than the minimum investment we will accept because potential Business Partners with the minimum investment available can still be accepted as we are able to offer them financial support for the rest of the monies. The working capital incorporates the purchase of stock, glassware, loose catering effects and valuer fees – please note the number quoted on this website are based on estimates. The exact costs will be determined on the day you take on the public house by independent valuers and stock takers. Please see our Code of Practice for more information about investment.